The history of Ethiopia Ministry of Health traced back to the reign of Emperor Minilik the second during 1888 E.c. At that time due to Ethio-Itali war at the battle of Adwa a number of soldiers and civil citizens were wounded. Therefore, to treat and take care of these soldiers in 1889 E.c through Djibouti port American Red Cross Group was come to Ethiopia particularly around Harar to help the damaged individuals. In relation to this the group constructed different health centers and even they taught and trained different individuals in order to minimize and alleviate problems that happened due to the war (History of Ethiopian health service, 1900-2007). In 1900 E.c Emperor Minilik the second was nominates and incorporates various Minister Offices in order to govern and administer the country easily. However, he was not gave attention and did not nominate ministry of health. As a matter of fact during this period the Ministry of Country Wide was under the control and guidance of Liqe Mekuas Ketema. The main responsibility of this minister office was to maintain, control, and follow-up health of Ethiopian people. July 16, 1939 E.c St Paul hospital was founded at Addis Ababa to help the poor’s without payment. Again 1940 E.c the Russia Red Cross opened Dejazmach Balcha Hospital. It indicates that the health service is now flourishing and widespread throughout the country. To control and administer this change in 1940 E.c Ethiopia Ministry of Health was founded with proclamations. When it was started its operation in 1941 E.c it had 93 nurses, 3400 beds, 46 hospitals, and 122 clinics (History of Ethiopian health service, 1900-2007).During 1941 E.c under Ethiopia Ministry of Health there are different departments such as department of finance, hospitals and devices administration, pharmacy and laboratory, hygiene and environmental protection departments were among others. Since, it was difficult to get skilled manpower in health care area especially before the transitional period in the absence of personnel management department in a formal way Ministry of Health at that time was involved in different manpower training and development arbitrarily in order to enhance the ability of professionals. For instance, the need for nurses was felt more than ever and around 1928 elderly women were recruited and were given short term training to serve as nurses and midwives. Later during the reign of Haile Selassie I the training of different types of nurses then started for two years in most training institutions and begin to train clinical nurses, public health nurses & midwives. However this fragmented form of training is not appreciated by most faculty members of the respective institutions. From this we can understand that human resource department is a recent phenomenon in TBH which was started after the transition period in a formal way (History of Ethiopian health service, 1900-2007).